EveryDayisFlagDay

Flying the Flag and my Political Views. Have a flag you are proud to fly? Or a flag pic you have taken? I might post it. Submit to HighPlainsView@aol.com.

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Boycotts, Jane Fonda, or Patriotic Fries

Says my esteemed fellow poster down in the local forum upon seeing rudeness by a wannabe First Lady: "I've bought my last Heinz product."

I'm not even sure how many Heinz products I use other than ketchup. Words matter. Politeness counts. Matter and count enough not to support people who categorically label others as scumbags just for disagreeing with them. I'll think about whether I want to boycott or just let these people go away on their own.

I can boycott. I have't seen Jane Fonda in a movie or tv show since the early 70's. The last was Barbarella at a drive-in picture show. I heard "On Golden Pond" was excellent. I missed it. But, I recall seeing film footage of Jane Fonda and an NVA Officer. She gets no support from me.

On a lighter note, tonight we stopped at one of my fav fast food establishments. A place you can have it your way. Unless you're in the drive-thru and accidently order a Big Mac.

So we are sitting down eating and watching Fox News. I happen to look at my large box of of fries. I didn't know our boycott of things French had had so much effect.

In red, white and blue I see "Right to Fries." No where do I see the word "French." I learn I have the right to dip, stuff, stack, have them my way, even eat them like a normal human being.I guess boycotts do affect people and business. Even if it's all in fun!

I'm HighPlainsView and I'm reporting for duty.
4 More in 04